This 6 week course does not lead to a finished garment as it is designed to enable confident sewers to build up a portfolio of more advanced dressmaking methods that you can then refer to when sewing solo without tutor guidance in the years ahead!
The techniques which are covered include:
- Flat, Mandarin and 2-piece collars;
- A variety of ways of making cuff openings and cuffs;
- A variety of pocket construction methods including faced edged, welt and jetted pockets;
- Making couture buttonholes and standard buttonholes;
- Bindings and Pipings and their uses.